The Presque Isle Fire Department will provide to the citizens of Presque Isle a highly trained and equipped staff of professional responders. Presque Isle Fire Department is completely dedicated to providing life and property protection though fire suppression, prevention, education and inspection. We will continually be committed to being a leader in the fire service.
It is the vision of the Presque Isle Fire Department to:
- Be leaders by setting the standards from which other departments will model their programs after.
- Being responsive to the needs and concerns of our community.
- Provide to the community the very best public service through innovative training, education and equipment.
- Dedicated to the education of the public promoting fire and life safety lessons.
- Maintaining a supportive work force committed to self-evaluation of performance.
- Open and honest communications and working in a team environment.
- To provide a cost effective and efficient service to meet not only the demands of today’s fire service but all future needs of our community to which we so proudly serve.
Immediate Openings for 6 Paramedics
The City of Presque Isle currently hiring for 6 new Firefighters/Paramedics. This is an entry level Firefighting position with the City and an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic motivated professional to become a valued member of an innovative, progressive, fire department. Presque Isle Fire Department serves approximately 75 square miles, with a population of roughly 9,800 night time residence increasing to roughly 20,000 day time population, successful candidates primary function will be providing EMS care through 911 responses, fire suppression, airport firefighting, fire prevention, life safety inspection, Haz-Mat Decon While working a 24 48 shift schedule.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED. College degree from an accredited university preferred.
- Must posses a valid Maine driver’s license.
- Firefighter II Preferred.
- Current Maine Paramedic License or ability to achieve a Maine license within three months of hire.
Applications along with a cover letter and resume are to be submitted to the Presque Isle Fire Department, 43 North Street Suite 1, Presque Isle, ME 04769 Attention Darrell White, Fire Chief.
Positions will be filled as soon as qualified candidates are found.
The City of Presque Isle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.